Tuesday 9 March 2010

Steampunk Island

Just an update on the construction of our island, we managed to fix the problem of the islands being too small. This was due to Second Life's limitations wherein the maximum size of an object is 10x10x10. This was fixed with a pack of Megaprims which allows a maximum size of 50x50x50. This being said, we've ran into another problem. Even though we have an island of a decent size, the scaling in Second Life isn't very accurate.



The picture above shows this problem. The dock on which I'm stood is 2 meters wide in Second Life, but if thats the case, then how tall is my avatar? The problem with this, is that it appears that due to the large size of the avatar, everything on the island seems smaller than it actually is. I've tried editing my appearance to make my avatar smaller but it doesn't make me small enough. A solution I thought of  was to make an outfit which makes your avatar small enough for the island to look proportional. Hopefully this will work, but in the mean time, I better get back to building.



No comments:

Post a Comment